A certified force for good
In 2015 we became the world’s largest insurance company to be named a Certified B Corporation.
By harnessing the power of business, B Corps use profits and growth as a means to a greater end. This means we're accountable to the interests of our customers, employees, communities and the environment.
Committed to making an impact in key areas:
We're dedicated to transparency and ethical behavior.
- Recognized by B Lab as a “Best for the World” honoree, best for governance in 2018
- Accountable to the people who rely on us - it's built into our mutual business model
We help our associates find fulfillment in their work and balance in their lives.
- 96th percentile achieved worldwide in Gallup’s associate engagement rankings
- Our associates' success directly impacts the service we provide customers and the community
We realize our mission through our meaningful commitments to strengthening our local community.
- Associates get time off work for more than 12 different volunteer opportunities
- Every Friday, our team members help clean up trash around the Union Park Plaza area
We’re committed to sustainability.
- Received the Recycling Leadership Gold Level award
- LEED Gold certified headquarters, purposefully located in an urban renewal area
We’re constantly working to make a more positive impact.
Trust our strength
The strong ties to those we serve are what have kept Assurity accountable and strong since 1890. As a mutual organization—managed for long-term stability, not short-term shareholder gains—we always have strength in reserve for when it’s needed most.
Honoring all our obligations
We’re committed to keeping our promises to our policyholders now and in the future.
in total benefits paid to our customers
shared with policyholders as dividends—an advantage of working with a mutual organization
total life insurance in force
Responsibility in force
Our number one duty is to manage Assurity so that when the time comes to help our customers, we have more than what’s required.
547% risk-based capital ratio
one of the strongest positions in the industry; higher than the industry average
of our bond portfolio rated investment grade at year-end, higher than the industry average,
A- (Excellent) Rating
A.M. Best Company, the insurance industry’s leading independent evaluator, has rated Assurity Life Insurance Company A- (Excellent)* with a stable outlook. This rating is given to companies that, in the opinion of A.M. Best, have an excellent ability to meet their ongoing insurance obligations.
*Assurity is rated A- (Excellent). A- (Excellent) is the 4th highest of 15 ratings for financial strength by A.M. Best Company.
|Total Assets||$2.6 Billion||$2.6 Billion|
|Surplus and Asset Valuation Reserve||$368.9 Million||$371.4 Million|
|Net Income||$11.1 Million||$16.8 Million|